Jaime is a highly experienced, specialist employment and resource management lawyer.
Jaime joined DTI Lawyers as an Associate in 2018 after spending the previous 10 years working in the specialist employment and resource management team of a large Hamilton firm.
Jaime has significant dispute resolution experience. She takes a pragmatic and practical approach to achieve commercial and workable solutions for her clients. She is committed to understanding the issues her clients face and the impact on their businesses or on them personally, and provides legal advice that is easily understood.
Her experience in employment and resource management law, provides her with a range of skills and a well-rounded perspective to advise on both practical and technical issues. She pursues the prompt resolution of disputes through direct negotiation and mediation. Where a dispute cannot be resolved through negotiation or mediation, she assists clients pursue their interests through the effective use of Court or other dispute resolution proceedings.
Jaime’s expertise includes:
- Advising employer and employee clients on the full range of employment law matters (both contentious and non-contentious) including the resolution of personal grievances, disciplinary action and dismissals, performance management, restructuring and redundancies, negotiating exits, medical issues, workplace bullying and stress, employment implications in business sales, restraints of trade, confidentiality and IP protection, and privacy issues
- Drafting policy, contractual and all other employment documentation
- Advocacy/dispute resolution, including representation at mediations and appearances in the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court
- Providing advice on, and conducting workplace investigations into complex and sensitive allegations
- Providing in-house training for employers on all areas of employment law
- Providing advice on health and safety obligations
- Providing advice on resource management and environment law, with expertise to guide clients through the regulatory requirements of environmental and planning legislation to obtain consents and environmental approvals
- Advising on, and the preparation of resource consents, submissions on plan changes and designations, as well as compliance and interpretation issues associated with district and regional plans, liability and enforcement
- Environmental due diligence for property transactions